Each year, NAEC prepares a report to update the membership on the association’s activities and accomplishments throughout the year. The report is released during the NAEC Annual Meeting, held each December.
2015 was a year of transition for NAEC:
- David Labiner, MD, completed his service as NAEC’s President and Nathan Fountain, MD become NAEC’s third President.
- Members completed the new accreditation process for the first time, which included requirements to report and submit documentation on expanded accreditation criteria.
- NAEC revised and released a new logo.
- NAEC gained 17 new member centers and deactivated 10 centers for not completing the membership process, bringing its total member to 224 centers.
In addition to organizational and accreditation changes, NAEC continued to serve its member centers by:
- Providing an ICD-9/ICD-10 Crosswalk
- Assisting RUC in evaluating CPT Code 95957 – Digital Analysis for EEG (for epileptic spike analysis)
- Providing analysis of major Medicare regulations, legislative and regulatory updates related to the implementation of the Affordable Care Act and other issues of importance to centers
- Responding to coding and reimbursement questions raised by member centers
For more information on NAEC’s 2015 activities and accomplishments, including the association’s activities to collaborate with other epilepsy stakeholders, please see the complete NAEC Activities and Accomplishments – 2015 report.