The CDC Managing Epilepsy Well (MEW) Network has developed provider training and patient referral opportunities to increase access to evidence-based self-management programs for comprehensive epilepsy center patients. Programs range from 8 – 29 weeks and are delivered by trained licensed providers and, where relevant, a trained peer with epilepsy; most are delivered by phone/online to eliminate barriers to care. The MEW Programs include:
- HOBSOTCH – HOme-Based Self-management and COgnitive Training CHanges lives
- PACES – Program for Active Consumer Engagement in Self-management in epilepsy
- MINDSET – Management Information & Decision Support Epilepsy Tool
- SMART – Self-Management for People with Epilepsy and a History of Negative Health Events
- Project UPLIFT – Using Practice and Learning to Increase Favorable Thoughts
For more information about the CDC MEW Programs, click here.